Thursday, April 8, 2010

First month

First few weeks were very challenging. We both were new to breastfeeding, I was having problem in attaching him properly and Aarav was finding sucking bit difficult. At times he did it without any extra effort but other times he used to forget. As as result just after 2 days of his birth he got dehydrated and lost 12 % of his birth weight and was admitted to nursery for 4 days. When the doctor insterted needle in his tiny veins, I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. Those 4 days were like a nightmare when he used to scream in pain. The good thing was that infection came under control, I started getting milk and we both were given discharge. I wish all the babies in nursery recover fast and live a normal life.

Aarav has been very alert since day 1. He loves looking at our eyes. It feels like those big eyes are trying to say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment