Tuesday, October 2, 2012

17 weeks pregnant

Bub is now 13 centimetres long from crown to rump and weighs approximately 140 grams. Her skeleton is mostly rubbery cartilage, which will harden later. A protective substance called myelin slowly begins to wrap around the spinal cord. 


With the help of a special stethoscope, you can now hear your baby's heartbeat. There's almost nothing more comforting or exciting than hearing your baby's heartbeat galloping along. On days when you're worried about how your pregnancy is progressing, hearing the heartbeat lets you know that your baby's developing and growing. For times when boredom strikes and you feel as if you'll be pregnant forever, it can be a pleasant reminder of what will come at the end of 40 weeks of waiting. 



Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/17weeks/#ixzz286RwhKkw


I completed 17 weeks today. I am having my morphological scan in 2 weeks of time. Feel excited that I will be seeing my bub again soon. I call my bub Enyo ( if it's a boy) and at times ponyo ( if it's a gal).I love the way, Aarav ( my first son) comes and kisses on my tummy and talks to Enyo. Last night  he came and put his ears on my tummy and said mummi Enyo making noises in the tummy in water. I was so amused how the little brain is observing things. Then he looked at my belly button and asked me what's this. I told him that Enyo eats his food via this, to my surprise he pretended that he is feeding food to my belly button so that Enyo can eat. Waiting for the day when he will hold Enyo/Ponyo and will talk to him/her. I am sure he is going to be a very caring brother.

Yesterday, I was so energetic but today I just feel the opposite. This long weekend we are planning of going to Bateman's bay for a break. Looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment