Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Week 25 of pregnancy

The baby now weighs nearly 660 grams and is approximately 35 centimetres long from crown to heel. He makes breathing movements but has no air in his lungs yet. At 26 weeks, fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn his head, which according to researchers, means his optic nerve is working. 


Your fingers, wrists and hands may be feeling achy and numb. The carpal tunnel in the wrist is swollen, as are many other tissues in your body. Nerves that run through the tunnel end up pinched, creating pressure that manifests itself as shooting or burning pain. Wearing a brace may help; so will taking vitamin B6. Talk to your midwife or doctor about other ways to cope. 

Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/25weeks/#ixzz2DOVz57rI


I had my Glucose challenge test done yesterday. It will take 2-3 days for the result to come out. I am seeing my obstetrician on thursday. It's getting very tiring now. At times, I get sharp needle like pain on the sole of my feet specially while walking. It lasts for few seconds. Feel too tired now to cook and eat. For past few days, Aarav has become too demanding. I get so tired after spending few hours with him and then I start to feel irritated and angry. But his cute actions calms me down after some time :)

I wish my maternity leave could start from tomorrow but I have to still wait for 9 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment