Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 38 of pregnancy

Baby is now ready to greet the world. At this stage, your baby is still building a layer of fat to help her control her body temperature after she's born. All your baby's organs are well developed, though her lungs will be the last to reach full maturity. 

From this week onwards, the amount of amniotic fluid in your uterus gradually starts to decrease, although your body will continue to make fluid until your baby's born. 

http://www.babycenter.com.au/s1001635/38-weeks-pregnant#ixzz2M5K1IRVu


I went to see my obstetrician on 22nd feb and she said that baby's head is still floating. Uterus is still up because of the weak muscles. Have to wait till end to find out whether I will be having a normal or c-section.
Last few days have been quite busy as I am trying to finish up most of the pending work ( paper, housechore) before I go into hibernation for 3 months. I have registered with CellCareAustralia for cord blood and cord tissue banking. It's still controversial how useful its going to be. But I believe being parent we should do the best for our kids. The way cancer rate is climbing up, I don't see any harm in taking this step. The good think about the banking is that if the need arises the same cord blood can be used for the other sibling. For last few days, pain in belly button had increased which got me very worried. I didn't have a good experience with my first post natal period. The increasing pain in belly button means that with the other pain I have to bear this one as well this time. I wish I could fast forward this recovery period.

2 weeks more for my angel to arrive. I am waiting for the moment when she will open her eyes for the first time and will look at me and her daddy. I am waiting to see Aarav's reaction. I am hoping that he will get used to her soon. He is turning 3 on 28th feburary. I still have to finish packing my maternity bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment