Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week 9

At week's end, the fetus measures approximately 2.3 centimetres long. In both shape and size, it resembles a peapod and weighs less than 2 grams. The eyelids are fused and won't open until week 27. The wrists are more developed, ankles have formed, and the fingers and toes are clearly visible. Arms are growing longer and bend at the elbows. By week's end, the inner workings of the ears are complete. Though you can't yet identify the sex of the fetus by ultrasound, its genitals have begun to form. By now the placenta has developed enough to support most of the critical job of producing hormone

Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/09weeks/#ixzz23bRhsMbp


Week 9 had been very stressful for me. As morning sickness started the day we returned to Canberra and Aarav developed a scary blister on his right foot. May be because he was walking bare feet on the beach, he developed some kind of skin irritation. I had to take off from work as the poor boy wasn't able to walk for 2 days. On thursday, 9th August, I went to office and during night I developed severe pelvic pain. The pain was similar to what I had developed in the first labour. On friday morning, I called up my gynae and she asked to undergo urine test. The pain started to radiate in hips and it started to shoot up in the lower abdomen. I got very scared , luckily there was no bleeding and the pain became mild by evening.
I tried to take rest through out the day and used the wheat bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment